Whole Wheat Pizza Dough
Makes 2 1- pound balls for 9 o/4 r 10-inch pizzas
1½ cups warm water (115ºF)
½ ounce active dry yeast
¼ cup olive oil, plus more for bowl
2 tbsp. sugar
2 tsp. coarse salt
2 cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
2 cups whole wheat flour, spooned and leveled
- Place warm water and yeast in a large bowl. Let stand until foamy, about 5 minutes. Meanwhile, brush another large bowl with oil.
- In bowl with yeast, whisk salt, sugar and oil. Stir in flours with a wooden spoon until a sticky dough forms. Transfer0 to the oiled bowl, brush top witntih oil,
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let stand at room temperature (about 70ºF) for about 1 hour or until doubled in bulk.
- Turn out dough onto a well-floured surface or a non-stick plastic mat.
- With floured hands, knead the dough until smooth, about 15 seconds. Divide into 2 balls.
- Divide each ball into 2 or 4 pieces. Using your hands, stretch each ball into a disk of desired thickness. (If dough becomes too elastic, allow to rest for a few minutes.)
- Add toppings and bake in a 400ºF. oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until done.
To freeze in balls: Place dough balls on plate in freezer. Balls should not touch. Freeze for 1 hour, then place in freezer bags. Frozen dough will keep up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in refrigerator.
Copyright © 2001-2012 by The Still Waters Group
Created with the Personal Edition of HelpNDoc: Free HTML Help documentation generator