Grilled spice-rubbed chicken
Serves 4 to 6
You can also use this technique with pork, lamb or beef cuts of appropriate size.
Appropriate number of chicken thighs (bone-in) drumsticks or breasts.
One of our spice rubs
Light olive oil
- About 30 minutes before cooking, loosen the skin on the meat by running your fingers under the skin.
- Coat the chicken with oil, then rub with a spice rub, both over and under the skin.
- Cook immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
- Heat the grill to about 400 F. Oil the grill liberally and place the meat on it and close the cover.
- After about 3 minutes, turn the meat. Reduce heat if necessary to prevent excessive browning or flaring. Suppress flares with a water spray.
- Turn frequently until golden brown and an instant thermometer registers 160 F for breasts, 180 F. for dark meat.
Copyright © 2001-2012 by The Still Waters Group
Created with the Personal Edition of HelpNDoc: Easily create iPhone documentation