Makes 6 heads or as many as desired
Roasted garlic is sweet and pungent. It’s a delicious addition to many dishes, salads in particular. Great in mashed potatoes, with steamed vegetables. Mash and spread on hamburgers, sandwhiches and pizza.
6 heads of garlic
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
2 tsp salt
Preheat oven or toaster oven to 400°F
- Remove loose skin from garlic heads. With a serrated knife, cut ¼ inch from top of heads to expose tips of the cloves.
- Place heads on a sheet of aluminum foil and drizzle oil over the exposed cloves. Sprinkle with salt.
- Wrap garlic heads closely in the foil and place in the oven.
- Roast for 45 minutes until tender.
- Allow to cool until workable. Open foil and press cloves from the bottom of the heads, removing skin from any closed cloves. Store in a jar with the oil from the roasting. May be kept for several weeks.
Source: Adapted from recipes in “Everyday Foods” and “Eating Well” magazines.
Copyright © 2001-2012 by The Still Waters Group
Created with the Personal Edition of HelpNDoc: Single source CHM, PDF, DOC and HTML Help creation