Pasta with Peppers
3 meaty bell peppers, some red, some yellow
1 to 20 fresh basil leaves, chopped
2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
4 cloves garlic, peeled
2 tbsp butter
2/3 cup grated Parmigiana Reggiano or Pecorino Romano cheese
8 oz pasta shapes (penne, shells or your choice)
- Wash peppers, slice lengthwise. Discard seeds and pulp. Cut into thin lengthwise strips and slice in two.
- Rinse and dry basil leaves, tear larger leaves in pieces.
- In a large sauté pan, heat the oil over medium high heat. Add garlic and peppers and cook at a lively heat for around 15 minutes, stirring often. The peppers should be tender but not mushy. Add salt, stir, and keep warm.
- Meanwhile cook pasta until al dente and drain.
- Cut butter into small pieces and place in the serving bowl. Add the pasta , stir, and add peppers, basil and cheese. Stir again, making sure the butter has melted, and serve.
Serve with: crusty bread, additional cheese if desired.
Copyright © 2001-2012 by The Still Waters Group
Created with the Personal Edition of HelpNDoc: Free help authoring environment