Fusilli with Three Cheeses and Red Bell Pepper
In our house, we call this “Mac and Cheese”.
4 tbsp butter
2 red bell peppers, seeded and cut into thin strips
1 tsp salt
¾ pound fusilli pasta
¼ pound fontina cheese, grated
3 ounces mozzarella, grated (about ¼ cup)
6 tbsp Parmigiana Reggiano or Pecorino Romano, grated, plus more for serving
¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- In a large frying pan, melt one tablespoon of butter over medium-low heat. Add the bell peppers and ¼ tsp salt and cook until soft, about 10 minutes.
Pre-heat the broiler.
- Meanwhile, butter a large baking dish.
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook fusilli until al dente, about 10 minutes. Drain and return to pot.
- Toss the pasta with the remaining butter and salt, the peppers and the fontina, mozarella and half the Parmesan. Add the pepper.
- Transfer the mixture to the buttered baking dish and sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Broil until the top starts to brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Serve with additional Parmesan cheese.
Source: “One Dish Meals”, a Food and Wine Book, American Express Publishing,
Copyright © 2001-2012 by The Still Waters Group
Created with the Personal Edition of HelpNDoc: News and information about help authoring tools and software