Cream of Broccoli Soup
You can cut this recipe in half for 2 people, but why? The two of us ate it all!
4 oz. (113g) or ½ stick of butter
1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
¼ cup all-purpose flour
5 cups (1.24l) chicken broth
1 pound (500g) fresh broccoli, forets and stems, chopped
¼ cup (100g) heavy cream
- In a medium pot over medium heat, melt butter and add onion. Cook, stirring occasionally until golden.
- Add flour and stir until combined.
- Whisking constantly, add broth and bring to a boil. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
- Add broccoli and simmer until very tender, about 20 minutes.
- In batches, add mixture to a food processor or blender and process. Return each batch to the pot.
BE CAREFUL WHEN WORKING WITH HOT LIQUIDS!
- Add cream to pureed mixture and heat on medium until ready to serve.
- To store, cool and place in refrigerator for up to 1 day. Re-heat before serving.
Source: Everyday Food (Sarah's Kitchen), date unknown
Copyright © 2001-2012 by The Still Waters Group
Created with the Personal Edition of HelpNDoc: Easily create Help documents